Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Redpoll on feeders

Received an e mail from Sue Turner of Wicken Hill near Midgley letting us know of a single Redpoll seen on their feeders on several dates around the end of August/beginning of September, I know Jeff gets them on his feeders but I don't know of any more coming to garden feeders? Sue also supplied some photos clearly confirming this is a Redpoll. On a different note I am hearing what can only be a parakeet of some kind up here in the village (presumably Ring necked?) but as yet have not managed to catch up with it.

4 comments:

David Tattersley said...

Nick, 2 Ring-necked Parakeet were at Scammonden early on 1 September before flying off in the direction on Krumlin

David Tattersley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Sutcliffe said...

I would love to get Redpoll on my garden feeders though we have had the odd Siskin over the years. I think Mick Harrop has also had Redpoll on his feeders but not sure how recently. Wonder what it is feeding on?

Jeff Cox said...

Dave - the Redpolls that come onto my feeders usually go to the niger seed and tangle with the Goldfinches, but they also like sunflower hearts too.