Tuesday, February 02, 2010

BOG recorder program

If anyone has been having problems with the BOG recorder program we have now received a template for an Excel spreadsheet that can be used for record submission instead, this template has been provided by BOG and will enable records submitted on it to be merged into the "master" database held by Nick D. I have e mailed a copy out to most local birders but if I have missed anyone and you would like a copy please get in touch. Thanks are once again expressed to the Bradford Ornithological Group (who developed this program and spreadsheet) for their willingness to share it with our area.

4 comments:

Jim Welford said...

Can I have a copy please Nick?

Nick Carter said...

I believe Jeff Cox is currently working on further improvements to the spreadsheet with Mark Doveston of BOG, might be worth waiting until an improved version is produced?

Mike Stead said...

Same for me, please Nick, though I hate systems that aren't like the old fashioned 'pen and paper' versions !

Nick Carter said...

Improvements to the spreadsheet are currently being made, when the final version is ready I will mail it out to all.