Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ogden yesterday and today


a cnada goose trying to nick my mums glove


a christmas robin


the nuthatch. it was so still at first it could have been plasctic


3 teal-feel free to contaradict my i.d.


included just becuase it looks nice

went to ogden yesterday (and today) in the freezing cold. the most exciting find was the 3 teals on the middle of the resovoir which included 1 male and 2 females. i do have a photo which is the only evidence i have. plenty of ducks, robins, blackbirds and the first nuthatch i had ever seen at ogden plus there were two. also there was a kestrel. (all photos from yesterday)


today we went again. all the teals ahd gone but there was a sparrowhawk and a kestrel and plent of the usual stuff. also a goldcrest but no nuhatches

4 comments:

Jeff Cox said...

Sounds like there were plenty of birds about to make your visit worthwhile, and I certainly agree about the final pic looking good, plus a great shot of a Nuthatch. It beats all my poor efforts to get a decent photo of a Nuthatch, and I've been trying for years!

David Sutcliffe said...

Well done Dan - fantastic photo of the Nuthatch, its a belter! I don't think I have ever had Nuthatch at Ogden (since 1970)!!!must check my records. I'm sure you are correct with the Teal, they look the right shape and small, good record too.

David Tattersley said...

Excellent Nuthatch photograph DF, it is not too often you find one that stays still for the camera, a bit like a Treecreeper from my experience.

Daniel Branch said...

thanks everyone