Monday, February 04, 2008

Bird Calls

After a suggestion by Sean & Andy, I have been playing around with a bird call CD in my back garden. The idea was to try and call in Lesser Spotted Peckers, no luck yet with this species but several other have responded well.The resident cock Robin was most upset to hear a rival singing from his garden, and even more upset when he couldn't spot it ! I have so far had Robin, Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Great Tit come to investigate the calls. No joy yet with Lesser Spotted but I have the CD looped on Lesser Pecker drumming running on a CD player in the back garden so we will see if I have any joy later. More reports to follow later when I have got some work done instead of peering out the office window to see what arrives next at the CD player !

No comments: