A few bits and pieces on Soil Hill from the last couple of days
- A skein of 177 Pink-footed Geese flew SE this morning, distantly. My first of the autumn on the Hill.
- Also on the wildfowl front this morning; seven Goosander flew south and three Teal were on the NK Pond.
- Yesterday a cream-crown Marsh Harrier flew NW extremely high up at around 13:15 in the afternoon. Picked up whilst walking down Bradshaw Lane, but slowly cruised over Soil Hill itself.
- A Whinchat was on Taylor Lane yesterday as well as Stonechat at the bottom of the North Slope. The day before four Stonechat had been present.
- Quite a few Chiffchaff recently, with just two Willow Warbler hanging on yesterday, probably the last of the year for me. A single Whitethroat was still present this morning.
- Reasonable VizMig over the last couple of days as well, with a few House Martin and Swallow heading south, as well as good numbers of Meadow Pipits (79 btw 08:00 – 09:00 this morning).
In total managed 50 species this morning, the full
list here; https://ebird.org/checklist/S118774582