Friday, March 09, 2018

Cold Edge

2 Barnacle Geese with c120 Canada Geese and  2 Greylag's this afternoon and the single Pink-footed Goose is still in with the domestic wildfowl
The ponds were still frozen over with just a little clear water on the top dam (above)
1 Moorhen
2 Raven >SW
2 Little Owl
c140 Starlings but no sign of any winter thrushes
Lots of Red Grouse vocal on the moor
A few waders including an Oystercatcher, c20 Lapwing, 4+ Curlew and 11 Golden Plover flyovers >Hunter Hill
Enjoyed a little sunshine as well - for a change !

4 comments:

Brian Sumner . said...

Just shows the difference in temperature up there Dave. Looking like that Pinkie with orange legs is a domestic. Will ask Steve the owner of the pen if its one of his or not when I see him, he sometimes comes into the garage.

David Sutcliffe said...

The pinkie to me just doesn't look 100% fit !??
Not many Kestrels about !

David Sutcliffe said...

Just out if interest (though you probably already know....I can now email info direct to the blog on the phone if I keep photo's separate from text. If I try to do both together from the phone then it seems to get a bit mixed up !
I set up an email to the blog - not sure how I did it - think it's setting up an address in settings.
I find it useful sometimes if I can't get to the computer !

Brian Sumner . said...

Thats right Dave, I used to update my blog from my phone but no pictures. When I changed phones I forgot how Id done it and can,t seem to sort it out again. I,ve even googled how to do it but no joy.