Friday, May 13, 2011

Hobby over Elland.

Being used to watching the Swifts blogging around from my bedroom window, this afternoon I saw a distinctly larger more steady flying one heading towards Elland. The contrasting head pattern was clearly seen against the dark rain clouds – my second Hobby in the last 2 or 3 years from my bedroom window in Skircoat – amazing stuff.

When I saw the first one I was sure at the time what is was but since then my mind has been playing tricks and convinced me I was wrong but this sighting today has made me more sure than ever.

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Snap...i too was watching swifts from the garden all weekend heading noth,everytime a dark cloud came over masses of swifts came down with the clouds.last Night at 6.16 a large falcon was seen amongst the swifts at first i thought it was a peregrine but as it turned sideways a Hobby was the only definate bird it could be.I watched it for about 2 minutes following the Swiftsalong the valley to shiden park ,I reckon this bird was a 2nd summer bird.

charlie streets said...

Nice one Andy - good to know I'm not imagining things!