Monday, August 22, 2005

Withens Clough

My first visit unfortunately for almost 2 weeks and it's gone very quiet, 1 common sandpiper, 2 Wheatear, Female Mallard has 4 young left, 20+ BH Gulls and 1 poss more Goldcrests in small copse to the right of the Res. The big news however is that the breeding LRP have now left on my last visit I only sawthe single adult bird and 1 def although poss there was a second juv bird present (very mobile and independant although they weren't fledged, it has become impossible to see all the shore line due to the extremely low water levels.) I would appreciate any other news on these birds.

Also on drive down Juv Peregrine sat on fence post next to Crag road by Blackstone Edge Res. typically moved out of range having driven past stopped and made a grab for my camera. (must remember to carry it in the front seat and not the boot hey Sean!) The bird flew onto a nearby pylon before heading off NW towards Whiteholme Res.

No comments: