Friday, September 11, 2026

Fly Flatts and Withens Head

 After finding very little at Fly Flats - scoping from the top road I tried Withens Head for half an hour or so. All quiet, then a Black Redstart turned up on the roof at the same time as a single Wheatear and c60 Meadow Pipits. All very flighty, most of the pipits stayed for several minutes then headed off, wall hopping then away across the moor. The Wheatear and Black Redstart headed off towards the  long pile of stones near Slade where I lost them. Just right time, right place I guess.

A Kestrel was about and on the thistle heads around 40 Goldfinch.

4 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Nice find with Black Redstart. up in the wilds!

mike said...

Hi Dave , how can people post on Calderdale Birds or is it not used like it was

David Sutcliffe said...

Hello Mike. It's certainly not used now like it once was. Mainly since the WhatsApp Group progressed !. I'm not sure as I'm not an administrator. I'll try find out ?

mike said...

Many thanks David. Hope you are keeping good. Long time no see